Wednesday 15 May 2013

Vienna Austria

Oh my God I can't believe it. I am in Vienna.The trip was rather long but smooth and when I got to Franfurt the airport is so large but I did find my way and then had to wait for my flight to Vienna. I was never so delighted to see someone I knew in my life.To see Joe standing there waiting for me was such a relief and it has been great ever since. First are pictures of Frankfurt airport. It was raining when I landed.

 
 
The next picture you can tell I was easily amused as at one point there were 5 workers trying to decide what to do with this huge instrument.
 
Then I flew from Frankfurt to Vienna. Collected my luggage which weighed a ton....Well less than 50 lbs. 43 to be exact. and Joe led me down to the underground. Yes he took my bag. I told him it was the peanut butter Ha Ha. We then traveled from the airport to his apartment by underground train. Checked in and got set up and then we walked and walked getting me oriented a little so I could go places while he worked. He is situated right in the middle of town and I just have to get on a tram or underground train and everything is easily accsessable. The next morning Joe went off to work and I got up a little later and went across the canal in approximately the same route we had taken the night before . I then decided to get on a Hop On Hop off Tour Bus because it would tell me what I was looking at and in English. Here are some of the wonderful pictures I took.
 
Courtyard at Joe's place
This is the Danube Canal used to divert flood waters and is just around the corner from Joes place.
 
The canal is used a lot by the people of Vienna and the Danube runs a little further north.
Well Joe should be home shortly and we are going to test ride the bikes tonight so will end this episode and add another tomorrow with all the beautiful places I have been. This is certainly a beautiful and extraordinary place. I know I am not in Calgary anymore.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment