Sunday 5 May 2013

May 6 and 7 Finally riding

Riding season is finally here and I have been trying diligently to get myself in shape for my trip overseas. Saturday was a beautiful day so I went south to Aldersyde then thought west or east? East won and I went to Aspen Crossing at Mossleigh and bought a couple of plants for the front of the house. Had lunch in John Defienbaker's train dining car. They really do lunch up nice with a pansy in the salad.


 
I rode home and it was still so beautiful out that I had to go to Chestermere Tim Horton's for coffee.
Oh it feels so good to finally be back in the saddle again.
So in an effort to get into some kind of shape I rode to the UMCI breakfast this morning and then because I had time I rode up to the Vintage club motorcycle breakfast to say Hi to everyone. Then I went to church where I was honored to receive the Sophia Woman of Wisdom award although I was not feeling particularily Wise.
They not to let the beautiful day got to waste I headed south once more and this time West won. I headed to Subway at Black Diamond and bought a sandwich and a pop for lunch and headed west to Elbow Falls. There were hundreds of motorcycles headed every which way and I am sure 1/2 of Calgary was out there also to take in the beautiful day and get away from it all????????
The following are the pictures I took for the day. I did hike up the hill and a considerable distance to test how well I could hike. I don't want poor Joe waiting for me round every bend and he is much younger than I and in better shape.
 
 
 
 
You can see what I mean by half of Calgary was there. See the hill in the distance. I was on top of that. Not real far but a good hike. I may not be able to get up tomorrow but I did it.
 
 
I also found my coveted crocuses which for me are always a sure sign of spring.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment