Tuesday 28 May 2013

From the Adriatic back to Slovenia

Well it was important we get back to Vienna and the weather was threatening to deteriorate. So we left this lovely little spot and headed towards Slovenia once again. There were several twists and turns and switchbacks as we left the coast but I found if I took them slow that I was just fine. So I followed and Joe led. We got to this lovely place way out in the middle of nowhere to an Inn. SMUK. Well it seems they had no rooms and so they gave us a whole house complete with fireplace and 20 nbeds in the loft. It was a house for weekend camps but was not being used. They charge 25 euro each at the Inn and were going to reduce it to 22 Euros but Joe insisted on paying the 25 Euro as we got sooo much more.

                                                                          
On the way we stopped at this little place for a coffee and to go to a little market that sold fruit and vegetables. Joe bought cherries and nectarines. The young man running the place gave me a head of garlic when I said I needed a whole necklace to ward off werewolves.
The name of this little place was Josipdol. Don't ask me to pronounce it.
This was our house.
The bikes  had cover.
 
 
This was inside by the fireplace and Joe and I had a fire before turning in. It was so nice and unexpected. A lovely end to another perfect day. When we arrived and got set up I went for a short hike in the surrounding countryside. Joe said there was a small waterfall which I did not find but I did find the river.
 
This is the Inn itself where we had a delightful dinner.
 
This is the key to our house as compared to the bike key. I thought for a moment perhaps we were being put in the dungeon.
When we had dinner that evening in a room in the inn I saw this great picture and Joe took a picture of it for me. We had a great dinner cooked by Maria and served by Nina  who rides a Kawasaki 650 and wants to come to  America  and do Route 66 and so we are keeping in touch and maybe I can help her realize her dream. I had noccia carbonara and Joe had spaghetti with cheese I believe. Very good.
 
The next morning we had breakfast at the Inn lovely bread and cheese and ham and I got 2 fried eggs
I took a picture of this unusual tree. The flower is much like a tulip. And also the view we had from our loft in the house.
 
 
And so ends another day of adventure and a new one begins as we head home to Vienna.
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment