Wednesday 22 May 2013

To continue Vienna

There is so much I saw on that first day that I had difficulty getting it all in and remembering all that I saw and did. When Joe and I went on our initial walk , we went to the Hofburg Complex. The home of the Lipizzaner horses. This is a beautiful place and from here is where I took the Hop on Hop off bus. One could also take a horse drawn carriage ride from here.
 
 
 
 
I also saw myself totally amazed by the Schonborn Palace. The Palace and the grounds totally enthralled me. The grounds are huge and I researched a little about what I had seen.
The structure on top is the Gloriette built in 1775 and the fountain below is the Neptune fountain.
The grounds are definitely beautiful.
 
These are some original ruins which remain on the grounds. Well It is time to turn in. It is very late and very tired from a full day riding from Slovenia and we hit some nasty rain again today, Will try to catch up now that I am back in Vienna before I take off again.
 

1 comment:

  1. It was nice to meet you :)I hope you were traveled well. Say hi to Joe and have a nice vacation in Europe.

    Greetings from Slovenia, Nina:)

    ReplyDelete