Thursday 23 May 2013

More Vienna

Well I am certainly running catch up. It is hard when every day is spent to the fullest seeing new things, exploring new places and generally living the day to the fullest. Today I spent the whole day at the Museum of natural history and then I tried to bring dinner home. Oh woe is me. I got lost again. Anyway back to Vienna.
The first day when I went for a walk in the centre of Vienna , this bakery is open so you can go in the back and see what they are making The white bouquet is sandwiches. It is definitely in the presentation. I had apple struedel here and meant to share some of it with Joe but I just pigged it all down myself.
At one point I actually did cross the Danube.
I went to Prtdarland. where this giant ferris wheel resides.here. It was built in 1896 by the English engineer Walter Basset but it only has 1/2 the original cabins as most were destroyed by fire in 1945.Gee it is even older than me. There has been a whole amusement park built up around it and horse racing
I even found the Honda dealer. Still have no idea where it is and today I found the Yamaha and Aprilla dealer but same thing not sure where.
I took this picture on my travels only to realize I had captured Joe's office tower. The bow shaped on just above the trees.
This is an island where many families go to spend a pleasant day.
A few more pictures of Schonburg Palace and this will end day 2 in Vienna.
This is some of the statues throughout the beautiful garden.
T.
This is a beautiful hyacinth arbor.
Not in full bloom yet .
 
 
Joe took this picture of my with Mozart on the second  night walk
.
Joe
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment