Saturday 27 August 2011

Thursday Aug 25/2011

This morning we packed up and headed for Missoula, Montana. But no taking the short way for us. We headed for Kamiah and then over Lolo Pass. So I have now seen the rally site for the UMCI International next year and what a beautiful central spot it is. I wish I had a photo but the top of the hill looking over Lewiston Idaho is an awesome site. I had never ridden these rodes before so it was delightful. The only drawback was the heat. It was near 100 degrees and as we descended it was like dropping into a blast furnace. Once we got into the shade and started over Lolo pass it was much better. We arrived in Missoula rather late and stayed at the Brooks Street Motor Inn and walked over to the Manchurian Wok for dinner.

When we reached the bottom of the pass and stopped at the first place for gas. I was filling up and Paul from Colorado and no place in particular walked by and said I know you. He travels with Rex from Lethbridge and Bob from Billings and was with them at the Lunatic Fringe rally in June. Small world

No comments:

Post a Comment