Saturday 27 August 2011

BMW Rally, Nakusp,B.C. Aug 18-21/2011



Home again for the moment. This rally for me is always one of the best. The sense of community, closeness and sharing ar ultimate. The adventure started Wednesday afternoon when I met Tom and we started out. Stopping at his lovely home in Canmore overnight. Early Thursday heading to Nakusp via Trans Canada and south at Revelstoke. A different way to go for me as I have not been this route for many years.


This was to be a journey of meeting friends the whole trip. But I digress. At the ferry 2 BMW's pulled up behind us and there were my friends Lisa and Marshall. On to Nakusp where more good friends are already gathered and set up. I got my tent pitched and soon it was time for dinner. One of the 3 beautifully catered dinners by Deb and her crew. 
The weather was absolutely delightful throughout the whole event. Friday the bikes and sidecars went to the home to visit with the seniors and I took the young man with MS that I took last year and he really seemed to enjoy it. I gave him my rally pin for his hat. I also took a young man Simon who has just started working there for a ride. Then I drove Bob Vietske up to a nearby parking lot. Got off...Climbed in the sidecar..And let him drive..Of course he picked it up right away and we drove back to the campground.  Saturday I rode up to the hot pool. Here again I was delighted to find many, many friends who had made that same decision.
Vonnie Glaves who must have her million miles on BMW's now, David Hough, Doug and Marlene Nault,





Jordeane, Robin, and Bob Vietske and many many more. Campfires each night with a group of good friends are also a highlight.  Sat afternoon were also the field events. I am not as keen on these as many risk life, and limb and motorcycle to entertain the rest of us for a $25.00 prize but many enjoy showing off thir skills and are very good. Sunday is time for farewells, packing up and leaving. For me a tough time as I so enjoy this place that it is hard to say goodbye. This time I had no idea where I was going. Just knew it was not directly home..so with some tears and misgivings I finally packed my tent and headed out to begin a new and very exciting adventure. And no BMW rally would be complete without our infamous Phil Funnell. World traveller extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment