Sunday 2 August 2015

Cody Wyoming

The harder I go the behinder I get.  Last night I spent an incredible evening  in Cody Wyoming and 1 month ago I left off in my Blog in Cody Wyoming. Due to a horrific hail, wind and rain storm so am holed up in Bozeman Montana. It gives me lots of time to play a little catchup.
When I arrived in Cody I had no idea where to go so I stopped at the information centre and they directed me to The Ponderosa Campground. It is right down the street from the Buffalo Bill Cody museum and a Dairy Queen and a lovely restaurant. The Sunset. Good food and service. I met the people behind me in motorhomes and absolutely enjoyed the evening. The next morning I headed for the museum.
Buffalo Bill Cody the Legend. There are 5 museums in this museum. It takes hours to see everything and in some case days. I am just going to post most of my pictures and add a few comments.
 
Well I lost connection. Lets try again.
Sacawagea
Great Grey Owl in the Nature museum
 
 
Wolves
 
And of course for me A Moose
River Otters
Bears
Ruffed Grouse
My childhood hero Annie Oakley with a bead on me.
This was in the Buffalo Bill Cody museum part
This picture was taken from the food court out into one of the many gardens where I would later go and enjoy a Raptor show with a lovely lady from London England who was leaving the next day on a tour to sleep with the wild mustangs and perhaps catch sight of Cloud the Stallion.
Red Tailed Hawk
Vulture. All of thes birds have been injured and can not be released back into the wild so they put on this show to raise funds and to give knowledge about these different species.
Great Horned Owl
Golden Eagle
Some of the beautiful statues in the garden
 
Buffalo Bill Cody's childhood home moved to here from North Platte Nebraska
Back inside to the Plains Indian museum.
Works of art are everywhere inside and out
 
This is just a small portion of the museum. I hope enough to whet your appetite to go there.
Firearms museum. There were so many guns in here there is no way one could view everyone and read the captions.
Annie Oakley again
Some more of the beautiful outside art work.
This finishes this episode and the next morning I packed up and headed towards home. Stopping in Cutbank overnight and then going to The Great Canadian Barn Dance where I celebrated my birthday in grand style. What a party.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment