Monday 3 August 2015

Lunatic Fringe Rally

 
I arrived home from the gorgeous trip to Kamiah, Missoula, Panquitch just outside Bryce Canyon in Utah. Up through Cody Wyoming just in time for Fleet Brake's annual stampede luncheon as was promptly invited to the Supplier dinner at the Wainwright Hotel in Heritage Park. It is always a great time and so I attended and took the wagon ride around the park and this gentleman was giving us some of the history. Every time you learn something new and it was a great evening.
The following weekend was the Lunatic Fringe BMW rally at the Beaupre Community Hall just west of Cochrane. I went out early because I knew some would be arriving early. I put up my tent and was just sitting relaxing when a car pulled in. It was a man from Pennsylvania (Jim Oxley) looking for Brooks sawmill which was supposed to be around there somewhere. We chatted for awhile and of course I told a few jokes and after he found the place he came back and took my picture with the motorcycle and now we communicate by email with he sending me jokes and I sending him a few. It sure was a great way to pass the time. Then I got a call and Tim arrived in time to go to Cochrane to dinner with Turk and Joe and Ron from PEI. Together again.
Friends all.
That evening we enjoyed this beautiful sunset
Ron Clark from PEI
A sea of tents springs up on the grounds
Clarke and Larry and Ekke and Audrey. Clarke did a great job on the observation ride this year.
Enjoying the camaderie. This is what it is all about.
Just enjoying one another's company before dinner. It was a great rally as always although attendance was down somewhat and the Community Hall upped our rent for the weekend so much that we did not break even and we cannot afford to go here again. So I am researching other venues so we can still have a rally and once again enjoy all these beautiful friends who come to share their stories and adventures from far and wide.
I left here on Sunday morning and headed up the Icefield's Parkway towards Grand Prairie and Dawson Creek. I had forgotten how truly beautiful this ride was. Will share some of the glorious scenery I took on the way in the next episode.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment