Monday 13 July 2015

Kamiah to Missoula

When I got home from Mariposa I had scouting camps the following 2 weekends. Cuborama and then Unity camp.
Here are Sir Lucas and his captured dragon and a few of the youth.
Then On June 10 Ann Odell and Gerry came and stayed with me and the next morning, they and myself and Karl Nordin and John Colebank headed for Missoula Montana to stay with Art and Betty. We had a great meal at the Manchurian Wok . The next morning we all headed out to the Idaho State UMCI Rally at the KOA Lewis and Clark Resort in Kamiah Idaho.
Stopped at duty free in Rooseville and then we were on our way
Idaho as always put on a great rally. Ice cream social on Friday night and great rides around the area
Lots of motorcycle tent trailers in this bunch.
 
I pitched my tent with my friends Tonni and Steve Culley. Getting here it was kind of fun as we had told everyone to watch their speed once we hit the Idaho border and then we all managed to get behind Art and the toy hauler but caught up to him while he was entertaining the state trooper as we drove by. Fortunately he did not get a ticket as he explained the guy he was passing speeded up as he went by. I drove up to Elk City on Saturday by myself as I had never been there. I went to the saloon and said because neither of the Pratt boys were at Kamiah I found Alveril Pratt. Once drafted as a linebacker for the Calgary Stampeders but traded to Ottawa.
I stopped at this lovely rest area on the way up.
We had a great dinner on Saturday night and Sunday got all packed up and went in different directions. I followed Art and Betty as I had an appointment to get new tires and chain and sprockets on my bike. Almost 30,000 km or 18,000 miles. Art stopped at Locksia Lodge in Lolo Pass for a break and the Model A car club had a meet there. Unexpected and pretty cool.
 
This is a BMW
Well I think I will go for some dinner and continue later at Lava Hot Springs KOA.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment