Monday 13 July 2015

Journey home from Mariposa

I am sitting in a campground in Fort St John BC. I have to finish the ride back from California and start a whole new episode where I went to Kamiah Idaho and Panquitch Utah and Cody Wyoming.
Then home and this new trip to Alaska. Best get at it. I left off in Mariposa figuring I had to be home by 7 Weds evening and I did not leave til Monday morning so the initial reaction was head for the interstates as quickly as possible. So it was north out of Mariposa to Sonora Pass to 395, 208 around Tahoe and Reno to I80. The first night I made Eden, Idaho...just east of Twin Falls. 678 miles.
On Sonora Pass
 
Forgot my favorite kitty that goes to Mariposa
Sunset at Eden Idaho Amber Inn. Looked good after going through a downpour over Emigrant Pass. This was a great place with a restaurant just up the hill.
When I arrived here I texted home to say I would make the meeting and was informed they had cancelled it. So the next day instead of going straight up I 15 I headed over to Missoula and stayed overnight with Art and Betty. The next morning Art and I met Roger, Jim , Hal and Jerry for breakfast. Nice to see the old gang. One never knows when you will see them again. I left Missoula around 11 and made it home by 8. Another wonderful trip returning from California.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment