Tuesday 9 September 2014

Calgary to Tuscon

Wow, Wow, Wow. It just does not get any better than this. Heading for Tuscon and the start of the 3 Flags Classic. I left Calgary on Friday morning and stayed with Art and Betty in Missoula that night and Saturday as well. On Saturday we went to Missoula Farmers market and bought yellow beans and that day proceeded to pickle 85 pints. This is the wonderful market.
Art and Betty picking out melons off the truck
 
The Market
Art and I and 1 of 5 bags of beans.
When I got there Friday we went to a restaurant in Missoula for supper. We took Art's daughter for her birthday and went to an Italian place. This is the salad I ordered and the birthday dessert.
 
Sunday morning I moved on traveling to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. On the way I stopped at the Western Montana BMW meeting in Wisdom. Kevin and Annie Huddy Dave MacCormack and 2 others and myself were there. Good to see everyone and I have never been in Wisdom before.
 
This is where we ate. I had Bumbleberry pie and ice cream. Great lunch Then I proceeded on to Lava Hot Springs. I had been there before but they have changed the pools and I was camping before. I chose the Home Hotel and was supprised to find I had my own hot tub in my bathroom with mineral water pumped in from the springs.
 
 
This was my room. And some of the surrounding scenery.
This rock overshadows the town.
 
 
I had a lovely dinner down the street at a Bistro and the next morning breakfast at the Homesteader.
I stopped at a couple of rest areas and went to I 15 and turned off heading for Torrey Utah. What a beautiful place and I will continue as soon as I can get back on but right now in Lovelock Nevada I am tired and heading for bed. More on Torrey and Capitol Reef National Park. Beautiful.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment