Sunday 14 September 2014

Continuing 3 Flags Trip

Right now I am in Lone Pine California after an incredible trip to the BMW rally in Quincy but first lets play catch up. After leaving Lava Hot Springs my next destination was Torrey Utah. Now I have been to Cedarbreaks and Zion and Bryce but never did I get to Capitol Reef National Park. It is absolutely my favorite and I can hardly wait to return.
This was my view from my room at The Rim Rock. Stunning!
 
View of the back deck
I felt so decadent eating at such a great place and the food was excellent.
I went for a little walk after dinner and took this pictures of the red, red rock.
 
 
The following day I packed up and  continued my journey. But first I took a side trip into the Visitor centre in Capitol Reef National Park
 
There is an incredible orchard down by the Visitor  Centre that the settlers planted many years ago and for $1.00 you can pick a bag and eat them.
 
 
This is a hole worn into this rock and was probably used by the Indians to grind grain and herbs. I left the next morning travelling on  the Escalante Staircase. On top of a ridge with the rock falling away on both sides . All swirls and colors. Incredible. But first I had to go over Boulder mountain. I encountered many deer and range cows there and took these incredible Vistas
 
 
 
 
 
This is the beginning of the multicolored rock and the staircase.
 
 
Well I am plagued with fatigue right now so will continue this journey as soon as I can.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment