Tuesday 26 August 2014

Bee Cee Beemers Rally Nakusp 2014

Well I am on another adventure and still have some back posting to do. Right now I am at the Rim Rock Inn in Capitol Reef National Park in Utah. What a beautiful place I cannot believe I have never been here before. Will check it out more tomorrow but for now lets get back to Nakusp. Unfortunately we had some rain this year and I think it discouraged some from coming as only 213 attended. The food as always was delightful as well as the camaraderie. I left on Wednesday and went through Revelstoke and came on the ferry from the north.
Waiting patiently for the next ferry.
As you can see I just missed it. Again.
This little British Camper was
also waiting for the ferry. Unfortunately he was 1st off and only did about 30km/hour.
Finally underway
Beautiful and smooth
Landing ahead
As usual we got our usual site. Peter from Calgary whom we had met last year had an accident and had major broken ribs, vertebrae and ankle but still he came in a BMW car and we were delighted to see him again. Joe was there with the 1995 R100R my favorite bike from Europe . The Beautiful One.
 
 Well once again I am having trouble downloading pictures. This happened last night also.
The indomitable "Turk"
Phil Funnell
It rained this year which somewhat dampened the spirits but we just got a tarp and visited under that in the rainy periods. The flowers as always were spectacular. This is one little town that puts it best foot forward. And of course my favorite couple were here. John and Dorothy Wetherell. He is 87 and she is 88 and they are still living the life on a brand new FJR 1300.
 
Here is the gang under the tarp
Steve and Tony and Tonni's brother Jim under Tonni's nylon fly.
The thing I liked most about this rally is that when it came time to take the seniors for rides it had been raining all morning so we were invited for coffee and cookies. Well the sun came out and it got beautiful for 2 hours. Everyone went for a ride and some even twice and Atsu saw us go by and he got a ride also and we got a great Thank you card from his sisters. So heart warming. one lady got in my sidecar and said HIT IT. What a dear. Saturday I decided if I was going to be wet I was going to be warm and wet and I went up to the hot springs. I took a fellow rider Peter in the sidecar. I needed ballast. Please don't tell him that. I all so got this great picture of me with a fire hydrant with my age on it. How did they know?
Will conclude with some of the flowers and the ferry to Creston and the McWhirneys from Montana at the front.
This is the seniors hall. We had to eat all 3 meals here this year because of the rain.
Up at the Hot Springs
Must close as I am currently in Flagstaff Arizona heading for Tuscon tomorrow. Need to get on the road early.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment