Monday 11 August 2014

Visit with family

It had been a long time since I was down east with my family and so good to see everyone again. My niece Dianne had planned a BBQ at my nephew Ricky's place and all the kids were there and some of their families also. My sister-in-law Mary was there as well.
Ricky has a lovely 2 tier deck in his back yard. The sign with the birds on it he painted. He is a wonderful artist.
Several deer were down here in the yard earlier in the day.
My great nephew Chris. He was instrumental in building the deck.
My niece Suzanne and my great nephew
Ricky's wife Karen and their daughter Amy with a great great nephew. I am starting to feel OLD and to top it off I can't remember everyone's name. All are delighted to see Aunt Marg on her motorcycle. My brother used to do flat track racing when he was younger. I went over to his gravesite and took these pictures.
 
Do you see the ghost?  Kind of weird huh?
I stayed with Dianne for 2 days and then with explicit instructions from Dianne I headed for Fleet Brake in Mississauga. I got lost in Paris, I got lost in Brantford, I managed to get into Mississauga on Derry Ave and next think I knew I was at Woodbine in Toronto. Missed a turn?? Anyway I finally got to our store and visited with the people I talk to on the phone all the time.
Viet, JP, Ryan
Then with explicit instructions I headed north to Midland Ontario without going on the 400 or 401.
I did Route 69 while I was 69. Then at Barrie they told me to get on the 400 and then get off later. So I get on 400 and next thing I am on 11 north going to Orillia. Oh well get to Orillia and head west on 12 into Midland. I stayed at the Comfort Inn which was very nice. The next morning I drove down to the waterfront which was very nice but was unsure why I wanted to spend an evening there. Anyway the next morning I went to the Shrine of the Marty which is just east of town. It was very nice but probably does not appeal to all. They have a walk which covers the 12 stations of the cross. Truly beautiful.
 
 
 
 
Our Lady of Huronia
 
Beautiful Queen Ann's lace No two alike like snowflakes
After stopping at the shrine I headed to Sudbury and Maslack supply . Both JP and Carol Anne were working so I waited til they got off and then followed them home. I worked with JP at Airvac in Calgary many years ago and was to visit him once in Sudbury so we had a lot of catching up to do .
Here is JP on his bike and a nice picture of Carol Anne.
 
After a good day riding I found myself in White River for the night. White River is where Winnie the Pooh came from. The original bear.
A lovely stop on the shore of Lake Superior. There were so many lovely trees, lakes, and rocks along this sretch of road and unfortunately I did not stop and take more pictures. The lakes were still like glass and oh so lovely.
 
 
Flowering Kale
I loved the paint job on this bike and trailer at the motel. They were from Pennsylvania. Later A couple of guys pulled in 1 on a BMW but they just had dinner and traveled on.
 
I traveled on the next day amidst trees and rocks and lakes galore. I wanted to stay at that lovely motel the Lone Pine that I had stayed at before but they were full so had to go back to another place in Ignace but this proved to be a fortuitous thing and will probably conclude my trip next episode.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment