Tuesday 5 August 2014

Paonia to St. Paul

So I chose to go to St. Paul with Greg from California and Dennis from Washington as they seemed to be taking the most direct route. We left the campground about 8 and headed north over McLure Pass. It was rather cold in the morning but we forged on. They we got onto I70 at one point. This is rather intriguing as the east and west lanes are kind of overlapping all done in concrete. Then we headed north to connect with I 80. In Laramie Wyoming we pulled into a service station and on exiting a car got between the 2 guys and me. So in about 4 blocks I pulled around this car and stopped at a red light behind the 2 guys. I could not believe this cop was stopping me. Apparently I was doing 48 in a 30. Meanwhile Dennis and Greg are up on the entrance ramp to the I 80. They told me after they were trying to mental telepath me to take of my helmet and show the guy how old I was. Any way after berating me and telling me because I had no ties to this county and no ties to this country that if he gave me a ticket he would have to throw me in jail and tow away my motorcycle so he just gave me a warning. Whew! He had me sweating for awhile. But we arrived in North Platte and stayed at the Super 8. It was 40 deg C there. We went to Appleby's for supper which was great. I took these 3 pictures. The last one is Buffalo Bill Cody.
 
 
The next morning we left and continued on I80 and then headed north. Sure glad Dennis was leading or I never would have found the place. A city within a city. The State fairgrounds. Turk and Tim were camped under the grandstand. It was a little far from amenities but it was quiet and comfortable.
We arrived on Monday night and I did not have to be there til Wednesday morning. More later.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment