Sunday 15 September 2013

Trip to Palm Springs

I left Calgary Friday morning and headed south to my friends Kevin and Annie Huddy's place. I had directions and it was a beautiful day. I  stopped at Cardston and visited with friends Hazel and Ed Murphy whom I had not seen for several years. Then across the border and through St. Mary's and down the beautiful road into Montana.


After stopping and taking these pictures I stopped at a little rest area and this tree was a reminder that fall is here and winter is on its way.
 
 
This rest area is just north of Choteau and just north of several miles of bad construction but I made it through. I stopped in Choteau for fuel and grabbed a bite at the service station and continued on arriving at my friends house  around 7 and enjoyed dinner with them. Kevin was leaving early on a trip to Idaho on his new FJR the next day and Annie had to go to a baby shower so stayed home and prepared the food. They have a beautiful home and we had a wonderful visit.
 
 
This was the lovely sunset from their property that evening.
What a gorgeous place and the view from their deck was gorgeous with sandhill cranes and hawks and deer,
It was their next door neighbors 70 birthday and he has a collection of steam tractors and had them out in full display so I went over and took a few pictures.
 
Saturday I helped Annie prepare some of the things for the baby shower she had to go to. The theme was Dr Seuss . So anyway she made green eggs and ham. Aren't these cute?
 
This morning I left around ten and headed north for the Western Montana BMW meeting at The Missouri River Inn in Hardy Montana. I visited with many BMW friends I have met over the years and what a beautiful area. I love this canyon.
 
 
 
This bird was in the restaurant as was very similar to the one in Ignace, Ont.
Now I am at the Sundowner Inn in Dillon Montana and will head further south tomorrow.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment