Sunday 8 September 2013

Heading home

So the next morning I left the Marathon Harbour Inn and headed west. I first checked out renting a U Haul cube van $1850.00 from Marathon to Calgary. So stay with the plan get closer. Rode back through beautiful northern Ontario. This time however on the way through Thunder Bay I stopped at the Terry Fox memorial.
What an inspiring young man. His inspiration is carrying on to this day.
 
This is the view from the memorial overlooking The Sleeping Giant at Thunder Bay.
I then stopped at Kakabeka Falls again for lunch. Of course I found one just for me. The Metropolitan moose.
 
These cute little winsome critters were inside.
 
And outside these critters were parked.
 
They were also growing these wonderful chili's out front. After a great chicken and cheddar enchilada I carried on.
As evening approached I stopped for fuel in Ignace, Ontario and asked if there was a good motel nearby and the young lad directed me to the Lone Pine motel 2 km off the highway. Oh my God what a gem this place was. It is right on Agimac Lake and has it's own beach. It's owners are so friendly and welcoming Bert and Geri. They even gave me chili and toast for dinner. I wanted to stay but this morning the weather was good so I rode off and am now in Portage La Prairie. Following are pictures of the motel and the lovely sunset.
 
 
 
 
 
Beautiful, beautiful place. I definitely want to go back.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment