Wednesday 2 January 2013

VFW Yuma to Agua Caliente

The next day Trish had business to do in Yuma so her son Don and I went to Lake Martinez to scope out their next stop. Not much in the little town but I took a picure of the boat dock and the place we had lunch Fisherman's Cafe.
 
 
Leaving the little town we went about 10 miles up a gravel road to the Nature Centre where I took these pictures and studied plants,birds and animals indigenous to the area. Good to see people preserving these fragile spaces.
 
 
The piece of wood with the holes is a bare cholla cactus. How fascinating.
 
This Honda and trailer were in a trailer towed by a 40 foot motorhome at the VFW in Yuma. I had an uneventful trip from Yuma to Agua Caliente except I stopped for fuel outside El Centro and along comes Paul Chute and Phil and some other friends from previous BMW rallies and so I had company for the rest of the ride and arrived safely and set up camp. More and pictures in next episode.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment