Thursday 10 January 2013

Agua Caliente to Calimesa

I packed up Jan 1 for the next step of my adventure. I planned to go back part of the way I had come and headed north on the east side of the Salton sea. I had missed Salvation Mt last year and it was very important that I see it this year because the creator is now in a home with Alzeimer's and it is uncertain if the plan will continue.
 
 
 
I also took this picture of the Salton Sea. This is also a very interesting history as the Salton Sea was initially formed and believed to be THE new Resort area of California but as the water evaporated and the sea became too salty and the fish died it no longer was a great place to go. Now Tilapia is the only fish able to live in these salty waters and hundreds of migratory birds use it as a stopping place.
 
Then I also stopped at the Oasis Date Farm and enjoyed a pce of date cake and coffee. It was still pretty cool The temperature that is.
 
 
 
 
This is Steve the great guy who accompanied me to Julian and who was also camped next to me. Now I will try and transfer some more pictures and continue on to my next stop. After the date farm I headed right through Palm Springs on I 10 hoping to get closer to Death Valley but it was so cold and windy I finally stopped at the Calimesa Inn in Calimesa , California.

No comments:

Post a Comment