Wednesday 22 August 2012

Nakusp Part ll

Okay to finish my post from last night because it just would not let me put any more pictures in. Let's see. Where did I leave off? Oh yes at Halcyon Hot Springs. I had finagled a 2 for 1 so took Kurt up in the side car for a swim in the pool. This is their beautiful facility.
And this is Kurt.
 
 
On the way back I stopped at a viewpoint on the highway and took these pictures It was so quiet. Saturday afternoon and there was no traffic. You could hear the bees buzzing and the water running across the road down a little waterfall. Extremely peaceful and beautiful.
 

Then when we continued on up to Nakusp Hot Springs I saw a car parked on the side of the road I glanced over to see why it had stopped there and saw a waterfall so decided to stop there on the way back down. Again a breathtakingly beautiful and peaceful place. And it was cool by the water in the shade of the canyon.

Back to the rally and some more of the beautiful people there.
 
Well maybe not so beautiful.  Bob and Bob from Orcas Island. This is Bob Bivalet's bike.
This is Phil Funnell and his new prototype...I think there is a new one every year. Phil is certainly a memorable character and very much a part of this rally. David Hough was also there and gave several good talks about motorcycling and the neandertal brain. I remember buying most of my BMW motorcycles from Phil when he was THE dealer importer for BMW in Vancouver.
And of course no rally would be complete without Reinhardt our 50/50 seller extraordinaire. It was funny also when the bullhorn batteries died and he acted as echo as our rally chair was rather softspoken and could not be heard that well. The echo was not always verbatim but you got the jist. Really funny. This is Bunny with him from Wabamum.
It is always fun to see someone doing repairs as there is always helpful advice from many sides.
These are my friends Burt and Lisa from Ontario California. I met them at Aqua Caliente and have a picture of Burt throwing out my air mattress. So good to see them again.
This is the group that stayed Sunday night and left Monday. Evan from Squamish had tripped over the chain at the cenotaph in the park and broken 2 ribs so was under orders not to ride for 2 days but stubborn man that he was was going to ride home Monday but his son and girlfriend (Spencer and Michelle ) showed up with his truck and we loaded it up Monday morning. Dean and Beth from Lethbridge, BOB and Keith and I. Because I decided not to leave Sunday I went to the Nakusp United Church and met a lot of delightful people and they invited me to their church BBQ that evening at the minister's house. As I drove up there I came to a fork in the road and was uncertain which way to turn but there was a little black bear the one way so I instantly turned the other way. and it was correct so I guess he was just there to show me the way.
These are a couple of pictures |I took at the gathering before we got busy eating.
 
Of course there were 312 people at the rally and many were old dear friends and of course I did not take 1/2 enough pictures but at least you get the gist. Ron got long distance from PEI and was camped with Turk and Dean and Anita from Minnesota.So many near and dear friends. I told everyone if I was told I could only go to 1 rally in a year it would be Nakusp. Hands down. I was going to do some traveling on the way home but decided with my 3 week trip coming up in Sept to go home and get things in order but thought I would stop to see a dear friend in a nursing home in Kimberley so this time I went to Kaslo and took the ferry and of course met this wonderful couple on the ferry Mike and Gina. They live in Creston and they wanted me to stay but I moved on to Cranbrook only to find that Al is back home in Creston. Well, can't say I didn't try.
While in Nakusp I also took our wonderful rally caterer Deb Guest for a ride in the sidecar.
I stayed overnight with John and Dorothy in Cranbrook and so I had some time going home so I stopped at Lundbreck falls and took these lovely pictures. I was reluctant to end my journey but end it I must to get ready for the next adventure.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment