Wednesday 1 August 2012

Couer d'Alene and on

I arrived at Jordeane's and that evening we went for dinner to a restaurant in downtown Couer d'Alene called Fire. They served artisan pizza and really great salads. Mine was Arugula and Jordeane had a Spinach one and our pizza was unusual also but very good. The next day we did some things around the house and then headed for Spokane. We went to Cruisers and I bought a couple of things and then to REI in Spokane where Jordeane exchanged a couple of things and then we had lunch at Daley's Cheap Shots in Spokane and I said hello to Dave but as always it was a quick visit as we had to be at another place. We went to someones home to a potluck for a group called Dining for Women. They are throughout North America and are a group of women who meet on a regular basis and try to raise money for different causes. This month was concentrating on the sex trade in Cambodia where a very dedicated couple are trying to take 20 women off the streets and give them a safe place to live while learning life skills so they do not have to be prostitutes and longer and live safe, productive lives. A good cause for sure and the following are pictures I took of the lovely home we were at on Avondale lake near Couer d'Alene.



The folllowing is the great meal we had although I believe my photo is a bit blurry.

The next day I did a few things for Jordeane as she had just done too much the day before and in the evening we watched a movie. The following day I packed up and said farewell and headed for Missoula. I stayed with my friend Betty and we ate a lovely meal and killed a whole bottle of peach wine while enjoying the peace and solitude on their lovely deck. After a great sleep I left for home. I have done this trip a million times but I must be getting older as it seemed to take so much longer and I seemed to be much more tired. Oh well got home before Sundown.
As you can see it was a beautiful day. This is Murphy Lake just south of Eureka, Montana.

I will conclude this adventure with this beautiful sunset. One of many I enjoyed on this trip. So until my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment