Wednesday 15 August 2012

Alberta UMCI Rally 2012

Another successful rally is over. We held our 2012 annual UMCI rally at the Standard campground again this year. It is a beautiful campground but the challenge is for meals without driving too far. Those of us who went on Thursday had a lovely ride to Strathmore for chinese food which was very good. There are new owners at the hotel in Standard so I managed to talk them into doing breakfast for 11 of us on Saturday morning. It was rather difficult for them as they had no previous experience and we got what we got. It was pretty good though. Carol Lawson and I made the dinner for Saturday night..Burgers, green salad, potato salad and corn on the cob. It turned out great but was a lot of work especially for Carol and I wish to thank her from the bottom of my heart. We had 25 for dinner. Ken Forbes went to the Heritage Days at Irricana and some rode to Rockyford to the rodeo on Sat. and some just spent time at the campground and a good time was had by all.The big surprise was Dick Summer's new Can Am.
Dick gave Dodi a ride around the campground. I had my Bumblebee and Karen and Howard helped getting the campground in place.

I captured this lovely sunset on Thursday night coming back from Strathmore


Saturday Carol took time to groom her dogs.
Karl Nordin had a nap.
A new person came from Edmonton and enjoyed the festivities. Freddie fit into our perverted bunch immediately. We definitely need more like him.



And here are some of our other rallie goers.
The thrill for me was after packing up in the rain Sunday I rode up to Banff. I had booked a room at the Driftwood Inn but they upgraded me to the Ptarmigan where the Eagle Rider Rocky Mountain Tour was staying. I was delighted to see my friends from Iceland ride in and took them for dinner at Wild Bill's in Banff. We had a lovely visit and the next day I was able to ride with them to Longview.
It was like a dream as 18 motorcycles turned off Highway 1 to Highway 40. Absolutely stunning scenery, beautiful weather and wonderful people from all over the world.





There was even a BOB from Kenya. Not sure I want to fall in love and move that far away but I told him I would put him on my Bob list. This was his reaction. Well I am just finishing up packing and heading to Nakusp BC for the rally there.

No comments:

Post a Comment