Sunday 1 July 2012

Canada Day 2012

Well after all that traveling, here it is July 1 Canada Day and I had no trips planned. So yesterday I headed out to Bragg Creek the long way to get a feel for the new bike. I love it. So easy to handle I had no fear of travelling alone. I stopped at the Big Rock west of Okotoks..I think they call it the glacial Erratic now but I always knew it as The Big Rock.



The second picture is a self portrait. Obviously Joe my arms are not as long as yours. You do it all the time and get much more in the lens. The third picture is the new motorcycle parking in Bragg Creek.
I went to the Powderface Saloon and enjoyed a panini sandwich of chicken, brie and cranberries but oh so much so had to take home for supper also. Just as I was leaving Ekke Jr. drove in. He said nice bike and I said I had found if in some garage down the road..(HIS)..He and Audrey were leaving for their year long tour of Asia today.
This morning dawned very nice so I took the new bike to breakfast to show everyone. And there was Kiwi. So good to see her. After breakfast I took this picture of her on my bike and then a photo of me with my new bike. There never seems to be anyone there but me so took advantage of the opportunity.

Then it was off to church and the fun of seeing everyone again after not being there for awhile and one of my favorite ministers Yvonne Terry of Duchess was there. Hugs all around.
Then I left for High River to visit with my friend Eldeen. We have been friends for years and I always love the celebration in the park there. With the car show and great venue I missed last year but have been attending for awhile.
Following is Eldeen and her ex husband Darryl and his friend Wendy. They are still great friends and I admire them for that. There are also a few of the cars in the car show too. Unfortunately the weather did not look too promising so I opted to come back to Calgary instead of staying for the fireworks.






No comments:

Post a Comment