Saturday 28 July 2012

2012 rallly posts

Was having trouble doing the blog on my laptop so will have to try and play catchup and remember the last 2 weeks. Friday the 13th I headed out to the Beaupre community hall to help Magda with the BMW rally and about 1/4 mile from the site had a blowout on my rear tire which I had just had fixed to avoid a problem such as this. So I walked up to the hall and my 2 guardian angels Bob Chute from Washington and Oko Kok from Kelowna helped me out to no end. They went back to the bike and with minimal tools and experience on this type of motorcycle removed the rear wheel.

As you can see It was no mean feat. Then we all drove in Ono's car ro Anderwerks in Calgary and dropped it off as they needed to find a tube and clean up the rim. Then to my dismay found that the tire was also hooped and they might not be able to get a new one on Saturday. So the shop put the old one back on the rim and said I could limp the bike back into Calgary but I could not take it on the trip but when we arrived to pick it up the next day they were picking up the new tire and then again with much time and effort on Bob and Ono's part they managed to get it back together and I traveled several thousand kilometers without any more problems. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to all who helped.
This is Bob.
For all those who know him this is Roy Sidebottom's new bike. Kawasaki 650.
This is Magda the person without whom these rallies would not exist. She puts so much time and effort to the BMW club.


This is Don and Pauline Chapman from Edson Alberta newcomers to our rally and hopefully we will see them again. The mosquitos were very bad this year but we had 63 participants and it was good to see an increase in numbers. On Sunday I packed up very early and headed out on my next adventure. I met Peter and Nellie Benders in Black Diamond at 9AM and after breakfast we headed for our UMCI International Rally at the Lewis and Clark Resort in Kamiah Idaho. However with a little later start we decided to stay in Missoula overnight and start fresh in the morning.
    This is Peter and Nelly's rig. It sure draws a lot of attention. Will complete this post and start on the next rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment