Monday 12 January 2015

San Diego

After visiting Old Town I headed back to my motel. The next day I went to SeaWorld.
$11.00 to park the motorcycle and the motorcycle parking is right outside the entrance.
Then $86.00 to get in. I went up in the Sea Tower.
This way one can see all over the park.
Unfortunately the windows are screened but you get the jist. The pools hold Shamu the whale and the porpoises and seals and otters. I then had lunch at this place. Sustainable fish and chips. I have never heard of a kind of fish called sustainable but it was okay.
 
 
This wonderful fig tree is at the base of the tower.
I really loved the penquin house.
 
They cancelled the seal and otter show so I took in the pet show instead.
Amazing to see all kinds of animals performing.
Cats pigs dogs ducks wallabies all doing tricks to decorate the stage. Fun.
Then I went to the porpoise show.
 
These are fish in the aquarium.
I found these beautiful poinsettas everywhere.
The gondola ride over the bay was lovely.
This was taken in the shark house. At one place you walk under the sharks but my photos in there did not turn out very well.
This sea lion was waving his flipper and barking begging for fish. There were a lot of seals and otters but I did miss their show. The park was terribly expensive for what I did see. They have a lot to see and do but I think one needs a game plan for when you get there to take full advantage. I returned to my motel that evening and had dinner at Denny's. The next morning it was time to pack up and head for Agua Caliente. I rode up through Julian. The previous day it snowed in Julian and there was a 6 hour traffic delay because everyone was driving from San Diego to play in the snow. The next day there were still cars turned over in the ditch and I am driving by on the motorcycle? Every pullout was full of parked cars and everyone playing in the snow.  If I had known Southern Californians liked snow so much I would have brought more.
 
Flamingos
Over the Bay
Christmas Tree at the entrance.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment