Thursday 1 January 2015

Palm Springs to San Diego

Jan 1, 2015  A New Year. I am still playing catch up. Today I am in San Diego California. Watching the Rose Bowl parade in my hotel room. But back to when I returned to Palm Springs from Mesa. A good trip back . Christmas was a quiet day cooking turkey and dressing and ham and friends came for dinner. 7 people and 6 dogs.  Ken and Karen had B and Quizzie registered in the coursing at Chino California. So for the next 3 days we rose early and with 3 dogs and 3 people we headed for Chino. Unfortunately B never won the SoCal cup but everyone had a good run.
 
While at the coursing I just had to take a picture of these Nova Scotia duck tolling retrievers. The grounds where the coursing takes place is very beautiful and a few of the following pictures are indicative of that. I was really taken with the egrets and many other bird species on the grounds.
 
 
These beautiful eucalyptus trees are everywhere. It was interesting the 1st day when the wind blew as the Palm fronds were falling everywhere. I was somewhat afraid of being hit in the head. The next day, Monday, was quiet so started packing up with plans to leave the next day. It was a good ride from Palm Springs to El Centro through farm country. Once I reached El Centro and turned west the weather started to deteriorate. The temperature went down, the wind was very strong and it started to rain up over the pass. I was certainly happy to see a Denny's and find my hotel.
 
Bird of Paradise plant outside my room.
View from my room of the pool and hot tub. Have not used yet but will do so later today.
 Later that night it snowed. The next day it was tempting to stay in my room and stay warm but who knows when I will be in San Diego again so I got on the bike and headed to Old Town. Then I paid $39.00 for a trolley ride. It was a fantastic tour. Commentary as we went all over even to Coronado.
 
This is the trolley I was on. Named Wyatt Earp and the driver was from Anaconda Montana. I commented I had been there and he replied "On purpose?"
I stayed on the trolley until we reached Balboa Park. Wow. Felt like I was back in Europe. Will continue later today but want to go see some more of this beautiful city.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment