Monday 12 January 2015

Agua Caliente Airhead campout

Arrived around noon and set up and it was not long before I had company.
 
The inevitable campfire got burning and it was sorely needed as the temperature plummeted. I have my rock heating on the edge as you can see to keep me warm at night.
 
People gathered around the fire like moths to a light.
 
Sunrise with the moon still up. We had a full moon so light at night was not an issue.
 
One fellow rented the new Honda Gold Wing and brought it to the campout.
 
Kelly our host and wonderful cook with Kevin. They do everything in that smoker and the pots. We have gourmet food with steak and steelhead trout on Saturday. Wonderful salads and vegetables.
 
Here are Kelly and Kevin busy preparing something for us to eat.
 
Then as quickly as we come we fold up and steal away. I stopped at Borrego Springs in hopes of connecting with my friend Turk. Sure enough went into a café/coffee shop and asked for a phone book and the lady said " Who are you looking for"? Before I could get Ersin Konuk out she said Speak of the devil and he walked in the door. Love it. I went up Montezuma and through Hemet and stayed at Motel 6 in Beaumont. The next day I headed north and to Ridgecrest. Next episode.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment