Tuesday 13 January 2015

Ridgecrest California

I left Agua Caliente, stopping in Borrego Springs and headed up Montezuma. I traveled through Hemet and stopped at Beaumont. The next day I arrived at Ridgecrest in good time and Jimmy directed me to the Half Ass Ranch. What a neat place.
Jimmy and Dee Dee greeted me at the gate.
Jimmy had back surgery a week ago so he had on his Bob Marley Pj's.
This is in their back door. They have so many great antiques and memorabilia.
Dee Dee and I headed to town for groceries in their 39 Plymouth coupe.
I stayed for 3 days. What a delightful visit. I helped cook a delicious stew the first night and the next day at lunch we were having cheese from Wisconsin and crackers for lunch when their neighbor came in with fresh baked multigrain bread. Wonderful!
 
Two African spurred tortoises.  Torak and Frank.  
This is the bar Jimmy made. He built the whole house.
Dee Dee left her Christmas Tree up for me.
This is the bathroom. The Alaskan connection.
 
 
 
The Mexican Room with all these lovely paintings.
 
 
The Sierra Nevada's in the background.
Some more of their special lovely old cars and trucks.
 
Outside amidst several of the antiques was this old sidecar.
 
2 cats Tigre my special friend and another that pretty much avoided me.
To complete the menagerie are Scruffy and Spirit
Second nights dinner. Stuffed green peppers. Oh so good. Thursday I got up and packed and continued my journey. Went through Trono and over the Panamints and down through Death Valley. There was about a mile of gravel but the bike did well. A little worrisome as I seemed to be the only vehicle on the road for miles. Will edit this as soon as the Reese's call me back. Will continue my journey to Las Vegas in my next episode.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: