Thursday 20 September 2012

Finishing Nelson and on

Well I had difficulty doing much on my Blog while on my trip.internet connections,,downloading pictures and just plain tired so lets see how far I can get before screwing up dramatically. I covered a lot of ground and met a lot of people and had a lot of fun. I left off with(and a lot more bikers on the ferry)so find it fitting to start there with pictures.


There is Annie down there saying Hi! Once Peter arrived we 3 muskeeers walked down to the Prestige Resort to see if anyone knew what was going on and had dinner. As always I was impressed by the flowers.



Noone was about so we headed up to bed and the next morning I called Jim and found out there was not a lot to do so after breakfast we headed up to Ainsworth Hot Springs and a dip in the pool and then to Kaslo for an ice cream agreeing to meet Jim back at the Prestige around 4. We had met 2 new folks..Stan and Peggy King who joined us for the ride. In Kaslo I met my good friend Penny Nord from Arlee Montana on her BMW. What a small world.


On the way back I insisted on getting a picture of the house that was once a ship. Between Balfour and Nelson and I also got a picture of Stan and Peggy. Then back at Nelson we met with Jim and the Staff at the Prestige only to find some of the participants had rolled in already. So we offered to help put the sign up and went on a trolley ride.



The trolley ride in Nelson takes you down past the waterfront to the bridge and then back to the Prestige. It is a really neat ride.



Yes that is a pirate ship out on the lake. We finally got the sign up on our return and some of the participants had already rolled in but could not register til the next day. That evening we walked uptown for dinner when who should we bump into but John and Dorothy Wetherell so we enjoyed good food and good company before turning in.
 We were back at the Prestige bright and early the next day and greeted the Riders and stamped passorts for   14 hours and it was a very tired and hungry trio that finally trudged up the hill for food and sleep.Because not all volunteers got a banquet ticket I opted out and decided to leave for Sipapu the next morning. So that will be my next story.

No comments:

Post a Comment