Monday 26 September 2016

Nakusp BC rally 2016

Before I could go on the 3 Flags I had the Nakusp BMW rally. Had an appointment Thursday at noon and then headed west. Stopped at Revelstoke for fuel and I had forgotten I gain an hour so arrived before dark and got set up next to my friend Turk from Borrego Springs.
Crossing on the ferry south of Revelstoke.
The following day more arrived and amongst them was a friend of Turk's. Yvonne from Vancouver island. I found her to be a kindred spirit and after I had done my duty at the senior's home taking the seniors for rides , she climbed in the side car and we went up to the hot springs for a soak. After we hiked to the covered bridge which I discovered last year. This next photo is a view blow the bridge and then I took a picture of Yvonne.



It was a long ride home for some reason. Very hot and tiring. I went south to New Denver and then over to Kaslo. Stopped at this rest area to learn an endangered toad lives here. Never knew that before. Stopped in Creston and bought some fruit but it was 9:30 before I got back in Calgary. The rally as always was great fun and the food great as always. I won a T shirt Ride, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.
How true.




No comments:

Post a Comment