Wednesday 30 July 2014

Wind River Canyon and Flaming Gorge

Kind of a quiet day today so thought I would do a little catching up. Great to see my whole family while I am down here in Ontario. We had dinner together at my nephew Ricky and Karens house and Paul and Bonnie and Suzanne and Bob and Dianne were all together for dinner with some of their families but back to Wind River Gorge in Wyoming to get me here. I left the Beartooth Inn and headed for Cody. Another beautiful day. I want to make Cody a destination one of these times because they have some wonderful museums I missed. Firearms and Buffalo Bill to name but a couple. As I traveled south I came across this wonderful Wind River Gorge.
So homey It was hard to leave.
 
Killer
 
Looking back towards the Beartooth Pass
Lots of hummingbirds at the feeders. One would wonder how such a fragile little creature could make it so far when it migrates.
Cody Wyoming when I stopped for fuel. Straight down this road is back to Yellowstone.
 
 
 
I did not know this beautiful canyon existed. Cannot remember the name of the Lake though.
 
Boysen Resevoir
More Wind River Canyon
Castle Rock in Green River
I stayed at the Super 8 in Green River and walked up to The Crazy Moose for dinner. Here I bumped into a 5 motorcyclists from out east. Ohio I think and 1 was on a BMW so I had dinner with them and I bumped into them at a tourist information place just outside Grand Junction Colorado. This is just outside The Flaming Gorge. Walt was going to get his million miles on a BMW when he got back. Buck, Keith and Butch. It is meetings like this I so enjoy. The camaderie is terrific.
Entering Flaming Gorge
 
 
 
These are two of the fellows I met in The Crazy Moose in Green River. What could be more appropriate than sitting on a Moose bench at the tourist information place in Dinosaur Utah.
We parted company here as I went south to Paonia.
That is Walt standing beside his motorcycle. So on this note I will close and another day will continue on my trip to Paonia.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment