Sunday 27 July 2014

Beartooth Pass

Well I tried to do a little writing before this but the internet connections were very poor or non existent. I am currently in a motel on Lake Michigan and tomorrow I do the Mackinac Bridge. My view out the window is Big Bay de Noc. Absolutely gorgeous but lets get back to the trip and the Beartooth Pass. I need to get a helmet cam or something I can take pictures with at those inopportune moments when one is busy riding and cannot stop to get a camera out. In Yellowstone there was this big buffalo coming directly towards me through the river. What a shot, what a painting but all I wanted to do was get those cars ahead of me moving and get out of there hence no picture. Anyway after the pictures that were in the last posting Here are the pictures of the pass and the fresh snow and my lodging at the end of a very invigorating day.


Amidst the clouds. Kind of scary on the switchbacks though.
Fresh snow
A small lake near the top. Fresh snow is not a big thing but this is July.
 
Lots of snow up high
My lovely bed and breakfast in Red Lodge. When I came down off the mountain it was framed with a rainbow. I took that as a sign and went in and met the delightful owners . The breakfast the next morning was superb and I had a great sleep. I should have a good sleep tonight after spending all week in a tent at 40 deg and high humidity. Next will be the wind River Canyon before Green River Wyoming.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment