Sunday 29 December 2013

Agau Caliente Campout 2013

Last post I forgot to mention the cotton fields I was driving through on the way to Palo Verde. Did not know they grew cotton in California.
Made it back from Mesa Okay. Stopped in Indio and visited with Jane and Gary one more time on the way by. This is a picture of where they were at Worldmark Indio. Going there again tomorrow to see Cathie.
 
On Dec 25 I had Christmas with Ken and Karen and their friends. 9 of us in all and 8 dogs. We had a houseful but a great dinner of turkey and ham and all the accoutrements. On the 27th I left for the campout at Agua Caliente in California. I traveled down 111. Had breakfast in Indio and then headed down on the west side of the Salton Sea and arrived and set up camp.
Other people started arriving and what a good bunch we had. Tim, Phil,Paul, Kelly our cook and even my friend Jordeane from Coeur d'Alene. So good to see her. The next morning there was this beautiful sunrise.
I did a nature hike around the campground and this time we saw 5 Rocky Mountain Sheep, big ole jack rabbits and I saw quail and a road runner.
 
The food was terrific. Kelly outdid himself as usual. The fire was wonderful when it got chilly and John brought an old sofa which everyone fought to sit on by the fire and then they burned it. The chair fairies made the traditional chair sculpture after everyone had gone to bed.
Jan and Di Hoffman originally from Lethbridge and  editor of the Airhead magazine.
 
John making Stout beer.
Phil and Paul 
 
 
 
 
When I left this morning I stopped at Box Canyon. Then I stopped at Borrego Springs with the intention of phoning Turk after I got fuel I drove back a block to a café with a F650GS like mine parked in front. It was Turk. How handy was that? I left and went up Montezuma. A very steep mountain out of Borrego Springs. What a beautiful ride. When I got to Sunrise Summit I pulled over to do up the top snap of my jacket and who was stopped there but my friends Burt and Lisa from Ontario. I followed them til I had to turn off and head for Palm Desert.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment