Sunday 22 December 2013

Palm Springs to Mesa

Left Palm Springs and had breakfast in Indio. I found Trish at Oxbow Lake with very little problem.


Sunrise the next day over Oxbow Lake. Today we had omelets in a bag and I met the others of the group in the Wins. We went four wheel driving in the desert the next day and I hitched a ride with Doug Hubbard who is a BMWMOA ambassador whom I have heard about through our magazine . How ironic that I should meet him under totally different circumstances. He has been to many of the same Nationals as I have.
This is Trish's motorhome whom I stay with when we hook up. The next day we went and played miniature golf and then went into Blythe for pizza. Then we went geocaching. The weather was threating to change so I decided not to spend the night but it was getting late so I only made it as far as Quartzite before stopping for the night.At the Palo Verde campsite I met this great gentleman who is walking across the USA gathering  signatures to try and get the powers that be to get their fiscal house in order. Very interesting and a very worthwhile cause. Rob Hatnr
 



sunset at Oxbow Lake


Well here I am at Merrill and Joyces's in Mesa. I arrived Thursday and yesterday we went to the Mesa market. Lots of walking and they had real nice stuff to buy. I have been really spoiled. Lots of good meals and today we went to Tortilla Flats. Pretty cool.
The Lost Dutchman Museum
Chain Fruit Cholla
Joyce in front of the Christmas Tree in the livery stable
Gunfight
Merril from the stagecoach
Superstition Mountains
Tortilla Flats Lots of great old buildings and cute cowboys and another gunfight and a bordello.
 
 
 
BOB
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment