Monday 19 August 2013

Kamiah, Idaho and Nakusp, BC 2013

Went back to work this morning after arriving home yesterday. Now I need to get up to date on the past 2 very exciting weeks. I left Calgary on Thursday and rode to Missoula, Montana arriving at Art and Betty's around 7. Karl and Dodie and Bo Nordin were already there and we went for dinner at Hu Hot. I  helped Betty cut up stuff for breakfast  but I left to get to Big Sky BMW when they opened. The part I ordered was backordered and on further investigation found our it was the wrong one anyway. So I left there and headed up to Lolo and the Hayloft as I had not seen the gang for awhile. Everyone was there. Jerry Abbott, Roger, Jim and Rudy. Just as I finished Karl and Dodie and Bo showed up and Bo and I proceeded to Lewis and Clark resort while Karl and Dodie waited for Art and Betty and the motorhome and the kids so they were a little delayed. Set up and went for dinner at the restaurant.
This was the Idaho State Rally
The next morning I went for a ride by myself up to Kendrick Idaho to get a picture of Bob's garage that I had missed last year. The ride along the Clearwater River was gorgeous. There was a little road construction but that just gave everyone and opportunity to stop and enjoy the beautify scenery.
 
 
There were lots of people fishing up and down the river and on the ride to Kendrick everyone was picking blackberries.
Then on to Bob's Garage and I had brunch at Archie's Place. Very  good.
 
 
Back at the campsite I gave the kids a ride in the sidecar. What sweeties.
 
And of course the intrepid Tony Neilsen from Grand Forks who has given up his Goldwing and graduated to a BMW R1200GS.
The next day I headed north taking my time to Nakusp. As I passed through Harrison, Idaho ( Home of One Shot Charlie's) I spied the Lakeside Lodge with a moose on the sign. It was early but I was kind of tired so I went in and enquired about the price and it was 109.00 for the night. Not bad but I thought I should just travel on but the lady said "How about 75.00 and no tax." Well that iced the cake and I really feel I was meant to be there .
 
 
Just before Harrison I stopped in this quaint little town for a few minutes.
Bovill
I also stopped at St. Maries for lunch
 
 Lakeview Lodge. My beautiful room. and Lake Couer d'Alene from my deck and the beautiful sunset.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That evening just before this sunset I took a ride down to the wetlands to see if I could see any moose. All I was able to see was a swan, an osprey and a great blue heron.
But I did take these lovely photos of the Couer d'Alene River.
 
 
I had dinner at The Landing right next door to ONe Shot Charlies and this was my view from the patio table.
 
And I will finish this episode with a picture of the Baptist church in Harrison.
Tomorrow I will reluctantly leave this beautiful place and head for Nakusp. Bur first a beautiful sleep in this place. I woke at precisely 11:58 and went out on my deck to view the Persius meteorite shower and was delighted to see 6 ( falling stars) There was a storm to the north with lightening and a fog bank to the south but I had my perfect viewing window. Tell me that was not meant to be.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment