Tuesday 20 September 2011

Livingston Montana to Kalispell and Beyond







Well we traveled the Interstate to make some time and stopped for fuel at a Flying J and at Drummond and then we parted ways. Jordeane exited at Bonner and went on to John and Joanne's early and I went through Missoula and to the Motel 6 in Kalispell. The next morning I went to Army and Navy and bought a new pair of boots with some tread as mine were extremely smooth and slippery when there was sand or dirt on top of concrete..Almost dropped it a few times. Then I stopped at Super One in Columbia Falls and bought the Cilantro John needed for his chili and fixings for a tossed salad. And some tortilla chips (you know they don't make those grocery bags as strong as they used to. I tied the bag on to my sack and when I got to John and Joanne's all I had was the grocery sack No tortilla chips)....I ate way to much as they had enough food for 30 people and only 15 came. To those 15 who said they would be there and did not come you missed a really good time but not too worry I ate enough for you all and I certainly did not need it. I know some have really good reasons but a phone call would have been great to advise that you could not make it. This happens all the time for me and it does get my dander up a bit.They have the greatest group of friends I have ever seen with their neighbors Jowanna and Stanley and their chiropractor Delaney and his expectant wife Theresa. Plus the BMW people who came (A lot from Canada) We managed to not attract the bears or cougars who were roaming the area. Forgot to mention Stanley brought over a game called Cornhole and some played that for awhile.
Sunday morning I packed up and after 2 breakfast buritos headed home. Good to be home. Great trip.
Now I have cub scouts and camp at Bergen this weekend. No rest for the wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment