Wednesday 7 September 2011

Canpout at Columbia Falls

Thursday Sept 1/2011
Left  Calgary around noon headed for Columbia Falls , Montana. The mountains were white with snow but it was cool and sunny.On the way down a magnificent moose crossed the road in front of me as I turned off Hwy 3 and headed for Roosville After crossing the border and heading between Eureka and Whitefish I saw another phenominal site...a pink flamingo crossing. One must always be wary when on a motorcycle. They can be surreptious little buggars. Arrived at Glacier Peaks campground around 6PM. Karl and Bo had just arrived and set up camp and decided to go to grocery store and pickup supper. Then John Colebank arrived  and I went over to see Connie Con's daughter and pick up his motorcycle vest that she wanted to give me. We had a short visit as she was flying off to Seattle the next day. I took a picture of mallard ducks in her yard having dinner. Went back to the campground and had dinner and James and Chris who had rented a cabin came over for a visit. It got cold and dark so we settled in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment