Sunday 1 June 2014

Cache Creek continued

That evening we had the sausage roast and I am delighted to note that there were 30 participants. Sadly it rained off and on all evening and as we huddled under a couple of tarps some water was pooling in the dips. Barry Pratt had the great idea to lower the pole. He sat down . The water swirled around . Found a hole and dumped directly into Barb Pomeroy's lap. Could not have been better if he had orchestrated it. To Barb's credit she never spilled a drop of her beer.  I got my rock heated up in the fire and it was warm and toasty all night. The next morning I went to Chum's for breakfast and headed out to Ashcroft to go to church. What an interesting little town and I took the following pictures of their park and history.
Picture of my friend Lisa. We usually manage once a year to be in the same place at the same time.
Peter and Nellie's rig
My tent at Brookside campground.
Barb after the water landed in her lap.
The threesome Steve, Barry Pratt, Marshall laughing at Barb's plight and Barry looking oh so innocent.
Joe and Bob We had dinner together Sunday night
This was taken in the park in Ashcroft. I had some time to kill before church.
 
 
 
I walked uptown and took this shot of the firehall and then went to church.
Zion United Church. So welcoming and peaceful.
 
 
Such a quaint little town. After church I rode to Lytton and encountered a rain shower on the way back but it was only for a few miles. The only thing is when I got back to the campground a lot of the others had left. There was just a handful of us left. That evening this boat pulled into the campground. Needless to say it attracted a lot of attention. They were from Florida and heading to Prince Rupert to put it in the water and then go to Haynes Alaska and down to Point Conception. When it is home in Florida it is in dry dock as he is a coffee plantation owner in Panama.
 
 
The next morning I packed up and headed for home.
I stopped at Craigalachie where the Last Spike was driven by Sir John A Macdonald for our cross country Canadian Railroad.
 
They have quite a nice memorial set up there. But alas at my next stop for fuel my clutch cable broke and I had to get me and the bike home. AMA towed me 100 miles to Deadman's Flats and Karl and Bo picked me up with van and trailer and got me home. Clutch cable ordered and on its way. On Weds I flew to Palm Springs to pick up the F650GS Awesome journey home for next episode.
Next 2 pictures were taken in field while I waited for the tow truck.
 
And so ends this episode.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment