Thursday 9 January 2014

Joshua Tree Monument

I absolutely love this place. It is so beautiful and serene.
Of course a Joshua Tree.
And the other phenomena of this amazing place. Rocks. Piled in every configuration possible. Like building blocks.
Many desert plants are intermingled with the rocks. It is truly an enormous rock garden. There are several hikes throughout the place and many of the plants are labeled so they can be identified. I of course make a mental note of these names and forget them. Need to take a pen and paper with me.
 
Skull Rock
I stopped at this serene place. It was the epitome of Joshua Tree. Quiet. In the presence of Joshua Trees and Rocks. Look how precariously some of those rocks are balanced. I went up to a place called The Keys outlook as I had made a wrong turn and had never been there before. Again I was amazed as I came up to an outlook on top of a mountain and found myself overlooking the valley and Palm Springs. Apparently the San Andreas fault runs right up this valley. I had thought it was closer to the coast. Through San Francisco but not so.
 
 
Off in the distance from this viewpoint one could see the Salton Sea. From here I finally got back on track and retraced my steps and headed for I10 and back to Palm Springs. What a glorious day. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment