Tuesday 30 July 2013

Sprague Washington

So not wanting to miss any of the excitement of the BMW National in Salem Oregon I chose to leave the UMCI International in Medicine Hat and head out. I got away just after 8 and took Highway 3 across. My first stop was Fleet Brake in Lethbridge for a free coffee and conversation. Then west again to Yak where I crossed the border. Unfortunately I ended up going through Spokane on Highway 2. I do not know how to go around Spokane although when I got to Newport I think I could have hit I90 between Cour d'Alene and Spokane and then stayed on the Interstate but I am not sure. So as a result once I reached I 90 I headed west out of Spokane. I stopped in Sprague Washington. A little place where I had fueled up once before. So I stayed at the Sprague Motel as it was reasonable and clean and then went for dinner at a local diner. Took a few pictures and then slept so I could reach Salem at a reasonable time the next day.
This is the wall in the restaurant and mentions the Truck Rescue that is undertaken in Sprague.
The buildings are very old and quaint
 
And this lovely old church
Next on to Salem
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment