Tuesday 11 October 2011

Las Vegas

Our Hotel Excaliber
The Luxor
What can one say about Las Vegas that has not already been said? Ken Maki was up from Palm Springs working at the Rodeo and so we arranged to meet for lunch. I had a day to waste. Plane was due to depart at 6:50 so planned on being at the airport at 4:50. I met Ken in front of the hotel and we went south to a quiet mall and had lunch at California Pizza. I had an asparagus and arugula salad and foccacia bread. So delicious. Then I had Ken drop me off south of my hotel so I could walk and get some photos.

Mandalay Bay What a gorgeous Hotel



At the dinner the evening before I took these pictures of some of my fellow riders. I definitely did not take enough as I see I am missing all kinds of photos of the great friends I met.


Okay Now for the continued part. I get to the airport. My passport expired Oct 3. It is Oct 7 I cannot fly.
So after talking to the Canadian consulate I was advised I could fly anywhere in the US without a passport and I could drive back across the border. So I tried to fly to Missoula as I have many friends there but there were no flights til Monday. So I went to the Rent a Car Place and for 625.00 I rented a nice little car and drove to Whitefish Montana and my friend Carol picked me up on Monday and finally I am at home.
I guess I just did not want the journey to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment