Monday 24 October 2011

At home and still riding

Here it is almost November and I have managed to be out every day on my motorcycle. I have been in contact with many of the members of the tour and Marc and Manon from Montreal have sent me some lovely photos which I would like to share.



These were taken in Monument Valley. Definitely good memories to enjoy in the cold winter days ahead.


Coming down out of Bryce Canyon we go through Red Canyon and these 2 tunnels. Truly beautiful and the snow made it even more stunning.




Then into Zion and even more awesome rocks and landscape. Manon being a passenger was able to take so many pictures we could not get.








Is this not gorgeous. Every turn had just beautiful sights to see and all were different.
Well I must get back to all the many things I have to do. Cub scout planning tonight, Halloween party with Beavers, Cubs and Scouts tomorrow. I just finished baking cookies for them to decorate. Then Group Committee for scouting where the adults tell what their plans are and then popcorn order is due in and I am heavy into helping with that. So far retirement has been great and I hope the long winter months do not drag too badly but I am not really worried about that. I seem to manage to keep busy.
Tuesday last week I rode by my self to Forget Me Not Pond and Elbow Falls. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed the peace and tranquility. Wednesday I rode and had lunch with Annie.  Thursday I rode and had coffee with a friend. Sunday I rode to breakfast and to church. Then in the afternoon I went to the Beaupre Community Hall out west of Calgary to meet with some BMW friends and enjoy photos of Audrey and Ekke Jr's ride to Norway this year. They always have some wonderful adventures and take such beautiful pictures to tell their story.Again it was quite cold zero degrees Celsius in the morning but warmed up micely for the afternoon.
This last week I met Mac on Sat afternoon and we went to Renegades in Turner Valley and then through Chain Lakes to Nanton and back to Calgary. The wind got up in a couple of places but all in all a good ride and this time so enjoyable to do it with someone. Well I will conclude with this joke which I have been sharing with everyone.
Cowboy goes into a drugstore and orders 3 packets of condoms.
The clerk asks, Would you like a paper sack with that? The cowboy replies..Nah She ain't that ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment