Wednesday 3 February 2016

2015 Calgary to Palm Springs

2015 was drawing to close. I hesitated about going to California but this journey has been working for 5 years now and one never knows what the future holds. On a roll. Going to get caught up. On December 14 I flew to Palm Springs. Wonderful flight with WestJet as always and Karen was waiting for me at the airport. I did not take the bike out right away as some branches had come down off their fiscus trees and were temporarily blocking the doorway so had to wait for Ken to get back from Vegas. I was pleased to get a call from Jerry Murdoch from Colorado. I had met him at the BMW rally in Panquitch Utah. He golfs in Palm Springs for a month in the winter. We arranged to go to Riverside and check out the bike dealers, Malcolm Smith motorsports, Harley and BMW. Jerry drives a Scion car. Neat little car and surprisingly roomy. We were told at Malcolm Smith that there was a museum upstairs. Very interesting and some old Husquvarna in the mix.
 
We had a great day and then 2 days later we went to the Palm Springs Air museum. Jerry is very interested in things like this and is very knowledgeable in this area and an interesting person to go with. We went to a lecture about the Korean war and saw a Bearcat take off and do fly by.
The museum has so much to see that I need to go back to take it all in.
This is out in front. Jerry is talking to one of the volunteers about the big antiaircraft gun on display.
 
 
Okay I am not really flying.
 
 
Missed the bearcat on the fly by.
The next day I got the bike out of the carport to find I had a gas leak.
I went with Ken to Temecula and then the next day had the bike towed to Sam's Motorcycle in Rancho Mirage. Albiet it was Christmas but they did not even look at it for one week. So I ended up staying at Ken and Karen's for Christmas. I finally got the bike back the day before Agua Cliente but will continue the blog at that point.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment