Monday 11 January 2016

Boise Idaho to Quincy

Here is my bike in Dave Hall's garage with his great grandson looking on.
Dave at the restaurant we had lunch in. He had to go back to Boise for appointments and I went south to Winnemucca.
I camped at the KOA and went up the road to a new restaurant and had a great salad for dinner. I met a nice couple camped next door and we chatted til it got dark. The next morning I packed up and because I thought it was to early to get in at Quincy I went through Truckee over Donner Pass and into Nevada City. I then rode to Marysville looking for a campsite. Back to Grass Valley and I saw the trailer symbol on the fairgrounds but they don't do tents. So I was sent to Collins Lake. I spent $30.00 for a campsite on a dirt pile at Collins Lake with a porta potty down the road.

Donner Pass. 3 young girls celebrating one of their birthday parties. For some reason or other they thought I was great  and we had a fun visit.
Tent at Collins Lake
I had planned on staying for 2 days but got a text message from Tim saying he was already at Quincy. I promptly checked out and headed up 49 along the Uber River. I had no breakfast so when I saw this little place turned in for a great breakfast.
Next stop Quincy for the next 5 days. I put my tent up pretty much where it was before. Tim and I went for dinner at the Chinese food place. The next day a few more turned up and eventually 15 of my friends had joined me in our little park. Turk, Jack, Kurt from Bellingham, Dennis, Tony and his brother Jim, Peter from Victoria. Steve Culley. What fun and Kurt even cooked me dinner one day. I rode up to Chester to take in the sawmill tour. It was terrible only 3 of us participated. I met Chris Reeves from Missoula Montana there and another fellow from Victoria BC.
Went to one of our favorite restaurants for breakfast with everyone.
 
 
With all those new Redverz tents the campsite was getting crowded. Getting ready for dinner so will publish and get back at it later.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment