Friday 4 September 2015

Nakusp BMW Rally

The following weekend I got out the bike and sidecar and headed for Nakusp to the BC Beemer rally.
I took my friend Steve in the sidecar up to the Nakusp Hot Springs and after having a soak we hiked a short walk up to this gorgeous covered bridge.
The following is the view from the bridge.
 
 
Some of the beautiful flowers at the hot pool.
Nakusp pool
The smoke was very bad and the ash made a mess of the tent as it fell and then rained. Friday it was nice for the seniors rides but I did not get any pictures as I was too busy driving. We got a lovely Thank you from Atsu again. It is wonderful that we are able to do this every year. Deb Guest catered our 3 meals and they were very good as always. We had fewer people this year with only 183 in attendance. It was a good rally but I missed a lot of the people who are usually there.
You can see there was a lot of smoke.
I knew I should write this down. This tree down by the lakefront looks like perhaps it is diseased but I think it is something like a reticulated  chestnut. It is supposed to be warped and twisted like that and the leaves look withered and dying.
Some more of the beautiful flowers on the lakefront.
John Kersh from Arizona. One of the many people I met in St Paul and who was in Panquitch and now Nakusp.
I left Sunday morning and went north to Revelstoke. Took these pictures on the ferry and in Yoho on the way.
 
 
This was where the clutch cable broke a couple of years ago.
Will end here but have some more exciting adventures coming up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment