Tuesday 30 June 2015

Palm Springs to Mariposa California

May 19 I flew to Palm Springs. Beautiful weather on arrival.
 
And there was Ken like clockwork to pick me up. Note the beautiful day. I got the bike running and out right away and only stayed overnight and headed out to Ridgecrest and Mariposa. On the way through Riverside California, I finally stopped at the Sketchers warehouse. That is like a whole tourist stop in and of itself. I bought 2 pair of shoes. 1 for me and 1 for Phyl. I just love them.
 
 
Even the parking lot was beautiful. This warehouse is about 1/4 mile long and is the distribution place for Sketchers in California. Then continuing my journey I headed for Ridgecrest and my friends Jimmy and DeeDee. Jimmy has restored this beautiful bike and is working on another as well. They have so much great stuff. It is like visiting a museum when I stay there. So much fun. I just love these guys.
The following photos are just some of their neat STUFF.
 
 
 
I was able to stay only the one night as they were off to a wedding in southern California and I was off to Mariposa. I went up over Walker Pass and through the giant sequoias. At the top of Walker pass I was stopped as there was an accident down below. It gave me an opportunity to take a few pictures and to learn something about the area.
 
This motorcyclist was pulled off to the side waiting for the accident to be cleared. He was complaining of the cold. Said it was old age. He was 2 years younger than me?????
 
On HWY 190 lots of twisties. My center stand kept dragging in the turns so I am going to take it off. As I got closer to the sequoias it started to get foggy and was very damp with beads of moisture forming on my visor but once I went down in elevation it got warm again. It is amazing how many great motorcycle roads there are in California. Not only are the trees giants but so are the yucca plants.
 
 
Stopped at this lovely waterfall. I should get at this blog in a more timely matter as I cannot remember the name of it. Either that or write it down somewhere. Duh?
 
There are people walking down there. Did I? NO!
 
 
Stopped at this little place on the Interstate for fuel and lunch. Great cheese here .
I had scooted over to the Interstate so I could make some time. Mariposa next stop and I will continue there.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment