Tuesday 27 May 2014

Western Montana BMW meeting 2nd attempt

Okay. Down to some serious work. I have a lot of catching up to do and some marvellous new adventures. In March I again took Phyl and myself to Montana. This time we went to Fairmont Hot Springs. We travelled to Missoula and stayed over night. Visiting again with Art and Betty. Then we went to Anaconda. On the way we encountered these fascinating sculptures by a man by the name of Oates. These are outside in the yard and he is so talented he has pictures and bronzes and other art forms in the building behind the owls and the giant mammoth is standing on the tail of a mouse. What an incredible talent.
 
I loved this little donkey. He has a daisy in his mouth.
This is a very majestic eagle
We continued on our journey and got a room in Anaconda. That evening we started up the road to Wisdom but encountered snow and blowing snow so decided to turn around and had dinner in Anaconda. One neat thing we saw while we turned around was a kite snowboarder. He zipped effortlessly up and down this empty field.
 
 
The next day we got up and had breakfast and headed back to Philipsburg to the candy story. I introduced Phyl to the joys of this great place. The Sweet Palace with fudge and chocolate and every kind of candy imaginable. Then off to the meeting. Many rode their motorcycles because the day was tolerable and they did not have far to come. About 18 in all. I enjoyed a lovely swim in the pool before it started so we could head home right after the meeting. My intent was to stay in Great Falls but managed to miss both exits so we stayed in Conrad overnight. They were renovating the Super 8 but it was a good place to stay despite the snow overnight. Great trip. When I got home I worked and picked up my new bike and worked and worked but now that spring has finally arrived I am off on a new adventure and can hardly wait to tell you about my Cache Creek trip and the 49er rally in California and Awesome Yosemite Park.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment