Wednesday 5 February 2014

Idylwilde and home

Well now that the Living Desert is done and still there I will try to do the next phase of my journey up to Idylwilde, California. If you remember I tried to go here last year but at 3000 ft elevation encountered ice and snow on the road and really did not think it was worth it. However it is a great ride. Nothing really special but a great little town. Would like to go there and stay for awhile. I just rode up and walked around a little and went to JoAnns café for lunch. Excellent lunch by the way. Here are some pictures I took while I was there.
This is the monument in the middle of town and interspersed throughout are these deer.
These are some of the old buildings
 
 
This huge tree was just outside the window of the café and the view of the mountain I took out the same window.
 
 
When I got back to Ken and Karen's in Palm Springs I parked the bike in the carport and took these pictures just outside their mobile home 22deg C and tomorrow I would be home.
 
The next day JAN 10 I take a cab to the airport and get to check in only to find that I was not supposed to be there til Jan 14. Decisions Decisions. Anyway I paid the extra $75.00 and came home early. It did give me time to get together what I needed for the following week . And I did get to go to The Calgary Motorcycle Show and see all my friends and get hugs etc. I was able to sit on my F700GS well at least a facsimile of the one I have on order. This one does not have the lowered seat and suspension and it is Red where mine is Osra grey. But here it is.
I got to the Honda exhibit just in time to see Glen Turple awarded his million mile award.
Glen is an old friend of mine who owns Turple Bros in Red Deer , Alberta.
I do not know about this motley crew. Hard workers!!! Vintage Motorcycle club
When I saw Dan and Stephanie from Medicine Hat they told me that my picture was at The Ride for Dad booth so I went down to check it out at lo and behold there I am front and centre on the bike and sidecar.
I wish at this present moment I was back in Palm Springs. It has been very cold here. But eventually spring will find its way here and once again I will be able to ride.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment