Wednesday 23 May 2012

Trip to Osoyoos

On Wednesday May 16 I headed to work packed and ready to go and when my Trucker friend from Regina phoned that he was in Calgary I left and visited with him for awhile while he unloaded and then headed for Lethbridge. It was supposed to rain and snow in Calgary that evening and I thought I would get a headstart. It was hot here and very,very windy as I neared Lethbridge. When I arrived Annie cooked a lovely dinner and we visited for awhile before turning in. The next morning was cool 6 deg C
and a cold wind and some light showers but all in all not too bad. Stopped in Ft. Macleod for fuel and every 200km after that. Also stopped in Cranbrook for coffee at Tim Horton's and saw Ken Thares and his wife from Lethbridge but not on the bike. We had lunch at a beautiful rest area at the top of Bonanza or Kootenai Pass. (Half the time I have no clue where I am)


When we got to Christina Lake we looked for Al Burt but to know avail. He probably could not have handled the 2 of us anyway. Or else he saw us coming and ducked out back. Once we reached Grand Forks we called Darlene to get Tonni's number and when we reached him he gave us Barry's number and Mark and Willi Prior's. Mark and Willi invited us over and we had a lovely evening visiting and getting to know them better in their wonderful home in Grand Forks.

The next morning dawned absolutely beautiful and we headed out and stopped at Barry Pratt's to pick him up. He introduced me to his wife as the woman he slept with last May long weekend. Remember Barb, Barry, Tonni and I shared that room in the mansion in Helena, Montana. Then we picked up Tonni in Greenwood and at Rock Creek they headed up to Kelowna and we headed on to Osoyoos.
We stopped at the top of the hill to take pictures of the tremendous view.
Once at the campground we pitched our tents. We had a lovely campsite. Others arrived and set up and we just visited and enjoyed the beauty of the place. We were at the NK'MIP resort. For dinner on Friday evening we went to the Native Indian Bistro on site and had bannock with Chili or pulled pork on top. It was delicious and did not have to ride anywhere.


Well I think I will end this episode here as I have to run and get some things done and I have already lost this whole thing once. It is taking longer to download pictures and I want to save some for the next episode Stew's Celebration of Life.
Gorgeous weekend, Great friends, Good food 
All this club and group of friends embodies

No comments:

Post a Comment